The MA program in Religious Studies is designed as a 4 semesters or 2 year duration of study. It can either be studied as one-major or a two-major MA. Students from abroad will more likely opt for the one-mayor option. If you are interested in the two major option, please consider that the other mayor of your program may only be taught in German, which will require proficient German language skills for the enrollment.
The MA program of Religious Studies consists of four separate areas:
- Theories, Comparison and Methods in the Study of Religion (two modules)
- History of Religion (three elective modules, two must be chosen)
- Applied Study of Religion (two modules, one must be chosen)
- Complementary courses
1) Master Program Religious Studies – One-Major Master
2) Master Program Religious Studies – Two-Major Master