Student Coordination & Counseling
The study counseling service is available to help you with any questions you may have about your studies at CERES.
Office of the student coordination and counseling
CERES, Ground Floor, Room 0.11
If you need our help, please read the following information for online counseling sessions beforehand.
In order to successfully participate in a counseling session, please consider the following aspects:
- Please ask in advance whether an appointment is necessary to solve your problem. Many issues can be fixed via mail as well.
- In most cases we will need your Transcript of Records before the online meeting. You can download it on eCampus. It is listed under "Übersicht Leistungsnachweise."
- Pro Tip: If you use Google Chrome, you often face an error that does not allow downloading the ToR. Please click on chrome://settings/content/pdfDocuments and change the settings to "download PDF automatically." After your download change that back again for your computer's security!
- If it still does not work or you face other issues when trying to download, then send a screenshot of your "Leistungsübersicht" (overview), which you find in eCampus under "Meine Leistungsnachweise". Important note: In order for us to understand what courses and lectures you took and how many credit points (CP) you received, you need to expand the list before taking a screenshot.
- We provide helpful to-do lists on this website which you can find here. Using these lists, you can preorganize your transcript of records prior to meeting with us.
- For online appointments: Online counseling session should be done via computer or notebook.
Information for assigning credit points to modules:
At the end of your studies and in order to register your M.A. thesis you have to assign your CP to the modules, we offer counseling for that too. Please read this beforehand:
- Please fill in the to-do list that we provide here. Please send your transcript of records (s. above for how to get access to it) and the completed to-do list to us. Then we will review the modules and assigned CP, check whether you forgot something or if you are missing CP. If you face problems when filling in the to-do lists, try it anyway and send it to us. This allows for a quick overview and makes our work easier!
- After sending these documents to us, we will send you an instruction and tipps for assigning CPs to modules on your own. We cannot do that for you because we cannot access your personal eCampus data. We can have a Zoom call after or your can send screenshots to us. We can review them and give your feedback (e.g., in regard to correctness).
- Only after having completed assigning your CP to modules, you may contact Dr. Jens Schlamelcher asking him to confirm the process.
In general, it is also possible to conduct study consultations online. Please contact me via mail for an appointment. Please note: eCampus internal matters usually require an on-site appointment.
Appointmens are currently assigned individually by arrangement. Please contact us via email to request an appointment. Ideally, you should already tell us when requesting an appointment whether you would prefer to come by or use the online service.
+49 234 32-24809