Job posting: Research Associate (m/f/d, fulltime)
Research Associate (m/f/d, fulltime, salary TVL E13), from Dec 1, 2022 until Jan 31, 2025.
Application deadline: Oct 15, 2022
The Collaborative Research Center (CRC) 1475 "Metaphors of Religion" investigates the significance of metaphors for religious meaning making in language use. Together with researchers from religious studies and computational linguistics, the information infrastructure project (INF) "Metaphor Base Camp: Providing the Common Data Basis and Advancing Digital Research Methods for Religious Metaphors" will build the digital research infrastructure for the entire collaboration. Unique research data combined with the possibilities of computer-aided analysis promise previously unknown insights into the use of metaphors across times and cultures.
In detail, your tasks include:
• Joint research and development in an interdisciplinary research collaboration,
• Implementation of cutting-edge use cases from the arts and humanities and
• Advancement of modern data management technologies.
• Universtity degree with a major in computational linguistics, corpus linguistics, digital humanities, or a related field
• Excellent German and English language skills (written and spoken)
• Good presentation and publication skills
• You have experience in corpus linguistics.
• Challenging and interesting tasks with a high degree of personal responsibility
• Team-oriented cooperation in a committed, international and appreciative team
We are looking forward to your application! The application (in one PDF file) should mention the reference number ANR 1047 and should include a cover letter, CV, transcript of records, list of publications, and copies of the master's thesis/dissertation and up to three other relevant papers, names and e-mail addresses of two references.
The original and legally binding job announcement advertisement in German can be found here: https://jobs.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/jobposting/223502f5e1605285c6eb2f232744279bd4110e330?ref=homepage.
Contact person for further information:
Prof. Dr. Stefanie Dipper, email@example.com